Sunday, November 7, 2010

Consistency, gotta get some

Sometimes I feel like I just spend way too much time on my hair. Ok, that's a lie, cause I been really lazy lately. BUT! back when I first started and was really into all the healthy hair care I was spending hours on my hair. Most of the time was spent conditioning it or setting, but either way I was stuck in the house until it was done. I just wish there was a way to do all of the steps that I would like to do on my hair in a fraction of the time so that I could have some more consistency in my regiment.

A few months ago I was on this whole 'do my hair on Wednesday night' kick. That didn't last long and I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I did my hair on a Wednesday. Part of it is because I know if I don't, I can still do it Thursday or Friday. The other part is that I started going to Bible study that night and by the time I get home I don't feel like doing it. I really need to get back on track because I'm so close to my goal and I would hate to not reach it for something stupid. I'm supposed to be deep conditioning every single week. Currently that isn't happening and I really don't have a good reason as to why.

So how do people stay consistent? I think I need some tips and also some motivation. Let's see if I can come up with some on my own. Then maybe if anyone ever reads this I can get some comments with more tips to try.
In terms of consistency I can try to schedule my hair care treatments and style setting time reqired and WRITE IT DOWN. If I know I need to do a 2 hr DC and want to do a roller set then I shouldn't try to squeeze in a hair night on a weeknight that I have other plans. It's just not feasible for one. If I do try to do that I know I'll probably end up short cutting something. Unfortunately the only thing that I can think of to motivate me to do my hair is trying new products. This is a problem because I have decided to use up the stuff I have first before I go off and spend any more money on new or refill products.

Ok, til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment